The Certified Information Security Program Governance Manager course is a three-day information packed learning experience designed as a “how-to” course to develop a level of competence to support the design, development, roll-out and maintenance of an organizational Information Security Program (Management System). Drawing upon best practices, students will learn “how-to” develop an organization’s information security strategy, design the governance framework, as well as the policy & standards, and supporting technical guidance to satisfy organizational needs, and to meet the expectations of ISO certification auditors.
This course is consistent with the requirements mandated under ISO 27001, NIST Cyber Security Framework, HIPAA, FFIEC IT Examination Handbook – Information Security. This course was designed to offer a universally structured and consistent approach to developing the foundation of an organizational information security program; its policies and standards framework and governance documentation.
The course will be offered as an intense three-day course at ISLF Chapter conferences. For specific dates and locations, please refer under our main menu to, “Events > 2017 Conferences > (available locations).”
The Certified Information Security Governance Leader training’s development was led by experienced international certified instructors with years of implementation, audit as well as, training development and delivery experience. The ISLF training program is unique in that the ISLF establishes the training and certification scheme, and the training material. How do we differ from other offerings you might find out on the market:
- We offer high-demand certification training at accessible prices
- Our training courses are based on an official study guide
- We minimize out of office time, by offering pre-course reading assignments, and allowing students to complete their exams fully online after the training, at the comfort of your own home or office.
- Courses are developed based on standards developed by the ISLF, which includes a course training standard (scheme) and exams.
- Our industry leading exam pass guarantee – If you don’t pass, you can attend another session of the course within the next 12 months for free to help you get prepared to rewrite the exam.
- Our instructors go through a rigorous screening and training process, resulting in the assignment of the credential as an ISLF Certified Instructors
- Information Security professionals and managers involved in any aspect of the development, roll-out or operational maintenance of an Information Security Program
- IT Managers and professionals, Project Managers, and consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation or maintenance of an Information Security Program
- Auditors who want to understand and be able to demonstrate competence in an Information Security Program implementation
- Persons responsible for information security or its conformity in an organization
- Consultants looking to understand and support clients implementing and information security program and specifically the strategy and policy & standards components.
- Corporate / industrial / physical security specialists
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an Information Security management function or for an information security project management role
- Attorneys supporting the legal aspects of an information security program
- Understand the requirements for information security governance mandated by the ISO 27001 standard, including its legal and regulatory review requirements, and general best practices.
- Master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of information security governance.
- Understand how to engage stakeholders in the process to secure their buy-in and support.
- Develop the expertise to identify legal and legislative requirements mandated for your organization’s compliance.
- Master the approach to collate and organize the high volume of requirements, and develop a structured governance framework to build upon.
- Master a proven and structured approach to building and rolling your information security governance.
Students will receive:
- a copy of all slides presented during the class, in electronic format;
- a certificate of completion awarding 27 Continuing Professional Development (CDP) units;
- A Student Information Package (SIP) with study tips and other helpful and insightful information for the course and exam; and
- An exam and certification application voucher.
- Student are prohibited from recording any session(s).
- Prior to the course, students will be enrolled by their assigned instructor in the ISLF’s Learning Center and receive per-course reading assignments. It will be assumed at the beginning of the course, these reading assignments have been completed.
- All student material for this course will be provided in electronic format. All material will be sent to the student prior to the first day of the course. Due to courses being continually updated, it is typically delivered within the two weeks prior to the course commencement.
Details coming soon
Details coming soon
Details coming soon
Exams are administered online, following the training. Our online proctored exams are available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days week for your convenience. After the course is complete, you will receive information by e-mail explaining the online exam proctoring process and the web page to log in, as well as other relevant information. The exam must be taken within 90 days from completion of the course.
Already certified in the development of information security strategy and policy & standards? If you have an existing certification with another recognized certification authority covering both of these topics and would like to convert over to an ISLF certification, you may elect to challenge our exam for a free of $30 + $100 for your first year’s certification maintenance fee.
Have the experience but no training, and want to challenge the exam? If you already meet the certification experience criteria and want to challenge the exam, we’re happy to accommodate. You can purchase an exam voucher and application fee and sit for an exam without taking the training. We strongly recommend, before taking this option, you purchase a copy of the course study guide and review it in detail, after it published and available for purchase.