This Course is Currently Available "Live Online" Only (On-site Training Class Availability is Currently Suspended)
The Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor is a five-day information packed learning experience designed to develop a level of competence to support the internal and external auditing of an organizational Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO 27001, as well as additionally controls mandated by way of the Legal & Regulatory review required by the standard. Drawing upon best practices from ISO 27001 and ISO 19011, students will learn the fundamental requirements to build internal compliance and audit programs and perform a certification audit.
To develop a well rounded understanding of the standard’s expectations, students will be familiarized with the supplementary guidance offered by ISO using ISO 17021, ISO 27024 ,ISO 27002, ISO 27006, ISO 27007, ISO 27008, and more.
Enrollment for our next Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course scheduled for January 24 - 28, 2022
closes at 5:00 PM on January 14, 2022
1. Training seats are limited, and we do not maintain a waiting list for courses as they book up fast. As such, registration may be closed before the above time, when fully booked.
2. Registration closes at 5:00 PM (US Eastern) on the Friday, 1 week before the first day of each course, to allow time for us to send electronic versions of course-ware and mandatory communications to each student. The final registration date for each course is posted on the respective course registration page.
Who Should Take This Course?
Help Me Understand How This Course Relates to Me
Select the role that best suite your situation
(links to case studies here coming soon)
Schedule, Registration, and Cost
It is important to note, due to significant member discounts offered, all persons seeking to register for certification training must now first register as a member of the Forum (a $125 fee).
Forum members receive an automatic $500 discount during check out off the list price $2,495 to $1,995.
If you do not want to make the commitment of joining the Forum to receive this discount now, you may registered through the Forum's official training partner, the Center for Information Management and Assurance.
1. On-site Training Class Availability is Subject To - No Local Pandemic or Protest / Rioting Restrictions. Where Restrictions Are In Place, The Course will Revert to Live Online.
2. If an early registration or special discount has been offered for a course, but is no longer visible on the course registration page, then the offer has expired and is no longer available to redeem.
Day One - Introduction and Audit Concepts, for Auditing an Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) based on ISO 27001
Day Two - Setting Up an Internal Audit Program for ISO 27001 Compliance
Day Three - Conducting an ISO 27001-based Internal Audit
Day Four - The ISO 27001 Certification Process, Ongoing Management of Non-conformities
Day Five - Practical & Written Certification Exams
- Morning: 3 hour written exam
- Afternoon: Practical Exam - Formal Presentation of Internal Audit of the ISMS to the Organization's Board of Directors
1. Both written and practical exams are mandatory, in order to meet the certification requirements set out by the Information Security Leadership Forum, this course's certifying body.
2. Formal business attire is mandatory for you practical exam. Please be sure to pack / dress appropriately. Men are required to wear a jacket and tie, and women the equivalent.
When designing our Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course, great care is taken to identify key areas the course must focus on in order to ensure student achieve the goals the course was setup to accomplish. These learning objectives are highlighted as follows:
Achieve an in-depth understanding of the ISO 27001 certification process.
Master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of ISO 27001-based information security audit program.
Gain an expert level understanding of how to engage stakeholders in the ISO 27001 Audit process.
Develop the expertise to to perform and lead an ISO 27001-based audit of an organization.
Master the development of an Internal Audit Program to support the compliance requirements of the ISO 27001 standard.